Each toy has been hand knit with love by a mama who also takes care of the Ifugao rice terraces! This collection of hand knit Philippine animals includes:
* This Knitted Carabao comes in a handy size, perfect for little kids! It measures approximately 15 inches in diameter.
* The Rooster reminds us of early mornings spent in the province! It is also a symbol of courage, pride and good fortune! It measures approximately 12 inches in height.
* The Aspin or "Asong Pinoy" is our native local dogs found everywhere in the Philippines. They are a great representation of the Filipino spirit of resilience, loyalty and hospitality! It measures around 10inches in height.
* Butanding (or Whale Shark) are usually found swimming freely in the waters of Donsol and Southern Leyte. This floppy knitted version has a soft wide mouth and measures around 12 inches long.
* Dugongs are critically endangered in the Philippines and became the first marine mammal to be protected in the Philippines. It measures approximately 10 inches long with a 14.5-inch circumference.
* This handknit Pawikan (Sea Turtle) takes around 3 days to make! It measures approximately 11 inches long and 13 inches wide.
Do remember, that each hand knit item is unique and sizes may vary slightly.
Carabao - 15 inches circumference
Rooster - 15 inches circumference
Butanding (Aqua) - 10 inches tall
Butanding (Grey) - 12 inches long
Dugong (Grey with Pink) - 12 inches long
Dugong (Grey with Orange) - 10 inches long
Pawikan (Mint) - 10 inches long
Pawikan (Orange) - 11"L x 13" W
Aspin (Asong Pinoy) - 11"L x 13" W